2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

temp selector operation

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 AM
adrenaline junky
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temp selector operation

I searched the forums but have not found an answer to address my problem.

My temp selector switch only has 2 settings full hot or full cold. There in no in between setting. I I know the blend door isn't the issue because I have been down that path a couple years ago and permanently fixed that problem with the Heater Treater.

My symptoms are that when I'm on the cold setting and move the selector to hot, the servo does not start moving until almost to the hot setting. From hot to cold the same thing. I can hear the heater servo start to move almost a full range. The servo drives the blend door ann the way to the other extreme.

I measured the resistance of the selector and full cold was 9.8 ohms and full hot was 19.2 ohms. When I turned the switch it did not slowly move from 9.8 to 19.2, it was either one or the other.

I believe my switch is bad. Anyone else have this problem? Can you just buy the temp selector switch or do you have to buy the whole switch panel including the heat/AC/Vent controls?

Thank you,
Mike

Old 05-17-2012, 09:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Heater controls are serviced as a unit..... gotta get the whole thing. See if any of your local junkyards have 'em.

Quick Reply: temp selector operation