2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46rh solenoid voltage

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:05 PM
EndlessApex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46rh solenoid voltage

Hello,
I have a 96 1500 and the front seal on the RE went, long story short I thought it was a 95 not 96 so I now have a RH installed in the truck, and didn't realize until I went to plug the 8 pin connector in.

I went to a local yard and grabbed a pigtail for the 3 pin connector of the RH and plan to just wire two switches for the OD lockup and TQ lockup. The colors on the chassis side of the 3 pin connector are Brown, Orange w/black trace, and Green w/black trace. Does anyone know which is the constant power and which are TQ / OD?

Also, going by a pinout I found for the 8 pin connector on the RE, it seems the power supply is 5v. Does this mean on the RH my constant power needs to be 5v's not 12v's? Any help would be much appreciated, I understand this is NOT the right way to do this but I don't drive the truck much and really don't have time to source another trans, or pay the 25% restocking fee to the yard I got the RH from.

TRANSMISSION SOLENOID ASSEMBLYCAV CIRCUIT FUNCTION
1 T16 18RD TRANSMISSION CONTROL RELAY OUTPUT
2 K7 18OR 5 VOLT SUPPLY
3 K4 18BK/LB SENSOR GROUND
4 T25 18LG/WT GOVERNOR PRESSURE SIGNAL
5 K88 18VT/WT VARIABLE FORCE SOLENOID CONTROL
6 T60 18BR OVERDRIVE SOLENOID CONTROL
7 K54 18OR/BK TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH SOLENOID CONTROL
8 T54 18VT TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE SENSOR SIGNAL

Figured I'd throw this in here to make the Thread more interesting. I welded the diff in the truck a while ago and it slides surprisingly well. This is probably why the RE failed, hopefully the RH handles it a little better.

http://youtu.be/MOjBBOLfqVY

Old 05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,192 Likes on 2,945 Posts

Brown wire is O/D solenoid control.
Light Green with Black trace is 12 volt supply. (switched ignition)
Orange with Black trace is TCC control.

RE trans uses 5 volts for pressure/temp sensor. The RH doesn't have either. (on the inside at least.) If your trans has a temp sensor, it will be mounted on the trans line, very near the transmission itself.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:07 PM
EndlessApex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful, you're the man.

Quick Reply: 46rh solenoid voltage