2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Underseat Storage Tray?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Underseat Storage Tray?

My buddy has a 1999 Ram 1500 Club Cab similar to my 1998. His rear seat is locked in the down position and we haven't had time to work on it but I did notice he had what looked like a black plastic storage tray under his rear seat.

Two questions:

1 - If that tray was sitting in a bad position could it keep the seat from folding up?

2 - What is the tray, who makes it, and where can I find one? I'd love to have a simple storage tray under that rear bench.

It's very likely my buddy might just sell me his since he doesn't have a need to keep anything in the truck that would go in that tray.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 AM
krichards6405
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it would affect it, but I believe it was a dealer option, i have been looking for quite sometime to find one and have been unable to find one either. If he is willing to sell you his take it.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:08 AM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I got my underseat storage from my boss, it was like welded to the seat brackets. Its plastic, but the mounting brackets for it seemed to be welded, so I took the whole seat. So, in that case, being as y'all might have to trade rear seats to get it, I don't know if you could just take the storage thing. And if its welded to the seat bracket, then I doubt it could cause the seat problem. I could be wrong. It just doesn't allow for much leeway to cause that.

Quick Reply: Underseat Storage Tray?