2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replacing or repairing body panels

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM
dodgeman80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i found a left front fender at my local salvage yard but they want $125+tax for it. i am not paying that much for a fender. the most i will pay for a fender is $75. any other options that i have?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman80
i found a left front fender at my local salvage yard but they want $125+tax for it. i am not paying that much for a fender. the most i will pay for a fender is $75. any other options that i have?

Honestly, though on the high side, $125 is about right. I lucked out with mine and it was because it was a Craigslist seller parting out a junk Ram, and I removed it myself.

If you really are limiting yourself to $75, you're going to have to be patient and just keep looking. Watch Craigslist daily, maybe set up a filter search using the app for your phone and wait for it to notify you.

For a solid, painted, ready to bolt on fender, $125 is something I think you should consider. Even if you find one that is cheaper, it may not be red, and you'll have money on top of that to prep and paint it...and even then it won't match right unless you properly blend it and that's even more prep and paint to parts of the truck the fender lines up with.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:01 PM
dodgeman80

the fender i found is silver in color has no rust at all just has a few dents in it which the salvage yard said they would get the dents taken care of.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:04 PM
dodgeman80

heck as fas as painting it to match my truck all i really care about is that it is the same color as my truck. i would not worry about blending so it is perfect. as long i get the panels fixed and get the color close that is all i really care about.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman80
the fender i found is silver in color has no rust at all just has a few dents in it which the salvage yard said they would get the dents taken care of.

I've been looking for a good fender for my Durango for a fear years and I have passed on good black fenders that were $150+ and now I wish I had just done it. Face it, these trucks are aging as a group, and solid rust free damage free panels are becoming rare and the price is gonna keep going up.

But, if that's still too steep...have you even asked if they'll come down a Twin?...just keep looking for the next good deal.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:18 PM
dodgeman80

if i dont find anything else then i will just get that fender and have it painted same color as my truck. when all done i will be putting rhino lining from the rocker panels and going up 1 foot up on both sides of the truck so it wont rust.

Quick Reply: replacing or repairing body panels