2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46rh o/d solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1/2" drillbit I keep in the ashtray for turning off/on my O/D. The button has gotten to where my finger won't turn it off or on, but a solid piece of metal or hard plastic will. I am building a house where there's tons of billowing fine, baby power-type dust and it gets into everything, and it is that the button has got gummed up. It destroyed my CD and casssette player already. Anyway, I wonder if you might also have a gummed up button on your shifter.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:04 AM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mantisman51
I have a 1/2" drillbit I keep in the ashtray for turning off/on my O/D. The button has gotten to where my finger won't turn it off or on, but a solid piece of metal or hard plastic will. I am building a house where there's tons of billowing fine, baby power-type dust and it gets into everything, and it is that the button has got gummed up. It destroyed my CD and casssette player already. Anyway, I wonder if you might also have a gummed up button on your shifter.
nope, already changed the button on the dash hoping it was something that simple lol!

Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

All the O/D off button does is ground a circuit, that suggests to the PCM, that you don't really want O/D for a bit..... (until you push the button again, or, restart the truck.)

With the ignition on, and the button pressed, see if you are getting power (12 volts) at the PCM connector, pin 10, Orange wire with white trace.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 AM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
All the O/D off button does is ground a circuit, that suggests to the PCM, that you don't really want O/D for a bit..... (until you push the button again, or, restart the truck.)

With the ignition on, and the button pressed, see if you are getting power (12 volts) at the PCM connector, pin 10, Orange wire with white trace.
ok, i'll try. thanks!

Quick Reply: 46rh o/d solenoid