2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Plenum kit didn't fix my problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:34 PM
ReadRam
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at replacing cat or eliminating it, probably clogged if needed plenum fix. 2nd or 3rd on the 02 sensor and cleaning or replacing IAC.
Surprisingly, replacing ignition coil and finally using a brass terminal dist cap on my last tune up got rid of persistent pinging when accelerating.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:41 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ReadRam
Look at replacing cat or eliminating it, probably clogged if needed plenum fix. 2nd or 3rd on the 02 sensor and cleaning or replacing IAC.
Surprisingly, replacing ignition coil and finally using a brass terminal dist cap on my last tune up got rid of persistent pinging when accelerating.
he stated in a earlier post that the cat had already been removed.

+1 on brass terminal cap & rotor!

Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM
sgtduckkiller

Ok, here is an update for ya. This morning I removed the front O2 sensor and there was no change, other than the exhaust leak. I also pulled out the TB, replaced the gasket and cleaned the IAC. That fixed the idle problem i think (it runs around 800-900 rpm). So now I'm back to the original problem. I removed all plugs and the all looked good, I replaced them 1500 miles ago. Also all the plug wires looked good. The only thing I have not looked at is the distributor cap. I was just tired of being in the super man position. I have new wires and a distributor cap and rotor sitting in the truck waitin to be thrown in. I hope that fixes it, I don't wana have to buy a tuner just to fix it but it would be a good excuse to tell the wife lol. I plan on doing that stuff after work if it isnt to late.

gdstock, I'm currently in trng. at Sheppard AFB. I will be PCSing to Little Rock AFB in a few weeks, that's why I need this dang thing fixed.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Grolli

aack.. Sheppard.. wow.. spent time there myself. Good luck, had similar problems and the cap and rotor fixed it up nice.

CE?

Quick Reply: Plenum kit didn't fix my problem!!