2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need helpppp

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Dbrown016
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need helpppp

Ok so now that i got your attention, i need help with my HIDs. Ok so i bought a kit off the internet and it was the High/low kit. not bixenon with the highh and low. so i had high beams wired for a while, got pulled over, and so i switched the wires down to low beams. my dad drove my truck and said that i need to have high beams and low beams. so since i already have a ballast for both lights, can i just buy the bi xenon bulbs and relay harness or do i have to buy a new ballast aswell. hopefuully and im praying its just the bulbs, and relay! lol as it will be ALOT cheaper! Im trying to order these tonight so if i can get a response quick that would be AWSOME! thanks guys and gals!

(edit) it does seem that all ballast on the internet only have two wires coming out of the back. thats why i am asking mainly!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:50 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbrown016
Ok so now that i got your attention, i need help with my HIDs. Ok so i bought a kit off the internet and it was the High/low kit. not bixenon with the highh and low. so i had high beams wired for a while, got pulled over, and so i switched the wires down to low beams. my dad drove my truck and said that i need to have high beams and low beams. so since i already have a ballast for both lights, can i just buy the bi xenon bulbs and relay harness or do i have to buy a new ballast aswell. hopefuully and im praying its just the bulbs, and relay! lol as it will be ALOT cheaper! Im trying to order these tonight so if i can get a response quick that would be AWSOME! thanks guys and gals!

(edit) it does seem that all ballast on the internet only have two wires coming out of the back. thats why i am asking mainly!
You got my attention, LOL. Your thread title is of NO use to anyone doing a search in the tech section. Had YOU done a search yourself here on DF, you would find plenty of threads on your exact question.

Quick Reply: I need helpppp