2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Programming Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:13 PM
rtaylor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Question

I was not sure where to put this question so if its the wrong area please forgive me. I have a 99 2500 5.9 gas 4x4 and I had a Hypertech programmer and I reprogramed my truck for bigger tires and 87 octane gas, so heres my problem I hooked the programmer up one day and I got a 55 code and it read that the programmer was corupt and to call the 1 800 number to hyper tech, the tech told me that the programmer was shot and it was an older version and of course there was nothing they could do about it but of course sell me a new one, now I have already programed it so if I was to buy a new one will it over ride whats in there or do I have to go to the dealer and have my PCM re- programed??? Any thoughts on this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
mangoamerican
Amateur

take it to where you bought it and raise hell. try to get a warranty from it. if hypertech cares at all about their name they will help out the dealer that sold it to you.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:27 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Dont buy a new one. Ditch it and get a SCT tuner from hemifever. If im not mistaken it will just overwrite whats on ur ecu now.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

An SCT will not do tire size. You'll need SuperChips tuner for that.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Hypertech Support
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hypertech Warranty

Originally Posted by rtaylor
I was not sure where to put this question so if its the wrong area please forgive me. I have a 99 2500 5.9 gas 4x4 and I had a Hypertech programmer and I reprogramed my truck for bigger tires and 87 octane gas, so heres my problem I hooked the programmer up one day and I got a 55 code and it read that the programmer was corupt and to call the 1 800 number to hyper tech, the tech told me that the programmer was shot and it was an older version and of course there was nothing they could do about it but of course sell me a new one, now I have already programed it so if I was to buy a new one will it over ride whats in there or do I have to go to the dealer and have my PCM re- programed??? Any thoughts on this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
I saw your post but do not see any code 55 as noted but you may have had code 24 which would have been a corrupt flash memory code.
If you talked to a tech support agent he would have asked if you were the original owner and original vehicle and then entered this info into the database.
If this was the original vehicle that the product was used on and you had your sales reciept they would have processed a return goods authorization for you to replace the product under warranty.

"Product Warranty"
"Factory Direct Limited Lifetime Warranty
All Hypertech Power Tuning Products are warranted* against defects in materials or workmanship. Hypertech’s liability under this warranty shall be limited to the prompt correction or replacement of any defective part of the product which HYPERTECH determines to be necessary. This Limited Lifetime Warranty is to the original purchaser for as long as he or she owns the vehicle on which the product is originally installed, providing all the information requested is furnished. You must retain a copy of your original sales invoice or receipt. Without proper documentation, a service fee will be applied. Resold units are NOT covered under this warranty."

As noted in the above quote from our web site and in the owners manual if you are not the original owner and vehicle there is no warranty.
At that point the tech would have offered you the option to purchase a new Max Energy product at a discount by sending the old unit in for disposal.

If any of this is different from your conversation when calling the tech line please feel free to give me a call at 1-800-532-3351
be sure to have the part number and serial number of the product when you call.

Thanks,
GW

Quick Reply: Programming Question