2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to Disable Door Buzzer W/ Picture...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 04:56 PM
1stGenDak
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Disable Door Buzzer W/ Picture...

I know this has been covered before but I haven't seen any pictures of it. Here is what you need to do...
Remove the plastic trim pieces that hide the ignition switch wiring (Use a T20 screw driver or a 7/64" allen wrench works also)
The unplug this little connector and wire tie the connector to the other wires so it doesn't rattle around.
Name:  KeyInIgnitionConnector.jpg
Views: 8802
Size:  61.3 KB

Now you can be listening to music with the door open and there will be no buzzer!

WARNING: This also means you truck will not buzz at you if you have the keys in the ignition and you lock the door! Always check for your keys before locking the door.

Zac

Old 08-11-2012, 05:26 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

as much as i hate the buzzer it does have multiple purposes. i know the one on my ramcharger has reminded me to shut off my headlights a couple of times when i have gone to get out. turn headlights off buzzer stops. unfortunately i broke it when i went to install my overhead console but i think i have a spare somewhere.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:27 PM
ReadRam
All Star

I just disabled the door open chime, but don't recall what i did, yanked something in fuse panel area, did it on both my 94 and 99. Headlight and key in still work. Can have the radio blasting with both doors open. I carry extra key in wallet as still lock myself out now and then.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 PM
1stGenDak
Professional

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
as much as i hate the buzzer it does have multiple purposes. i know the one on my ramcharger has reminded me to shut off my headlights a couple of times when i have gone to get out. turn headlights off buzzer stops. unfortunately i broke it when i went to install my overhead console but i think i have a spare somewhere.

I believe the buzzer still works if your headlights are on with this trick. The only thing it does stop the buzzer from constantly buzzing with the key in the ignition and the door open.

Zac

Old 08-11-2012, 10:14 PM
DK-v1
Professional

Couldn't you just jump the door switch?

Old 08-12-2012, 09:52 AM
1stGenDak
Professional

Originally Posted by DK-v1
Couldn't you just jump the door switch?
Yes but then your cabin light would not come on with the door open. Unplugging the "Key in Ignition" switch only kills the buzzer when the door is open. Everything else works the same as it did before.

Zac

Quick Reply: How to Disable Door Buzzer W/ Picture...