2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trip computer recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 PM
flyingdutch16
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip computer recommendations?

Hi,

I've been looking at some diagnostics and trip computers. Now i figured first i just wanted a diagnostics reader that i can just plug in to see what is wrong. But then I found out about the scangauge trip computer and i figured i'd be nice to beable to see my MPG's actual RPM accurate reading of gas left till empty(gauge is so off right now) Anyways the thing i dont like about the Scangauge is that the screen is so small. So does anybody know off one with a bigger screen?

Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Jason_Dodge
Rookie

You can buy an elm327 bluetooth adapter. It plugs into your OBD and connects to your cellphone using an application. If you have a smartphone, you can easily get and app such as torque to see your mpg and other diagnostics like heattemp and rpm. Theres a ton more you can view. You can also check codes and whatnot. Its only 25 bucks off amazon.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Jason_Dodge
Rookie

I have it and it works fantastic. I got tired of driving 5 miles to see what a check engine code was so i bought it and i use it all the time on my friends cars aswell. A nice way to make a few bucks here and there.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,387 Likes on 3,127 Posts

Keep in mind, your PCM gets its information on how much gas is in the tank from the same place the gauge in the dash does.... the in-tank sending unit.....

Old 08-26-2012, 10:04 PM
flyingdutch16

the bluetooth ones only work with the androids i have an iphone haha. Im probably going to settle for a scangauge unless i find something with a bigger screen in the same price range.

Quick Reply: Trip computer recommendations?