2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Crazy History Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Geppetto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy History Question

Just purchased a '96 Indy Edition 5.9ltr with a host of small problems (fuel pressure, P1391 Interm Loss of CMP or CKP, ETC.)

My quest is this: Trying to find previous owner(s) as this truck has been gone through. Painted block/intake, headers, a/c delete, ***** of rubber in wheel wells on both sides, TB bolts not original, aftermarket air cleaner, roll cage mounts, etc. Kid that I purchased it from was "duh" no help.

Truck is from South Jersey/Pennsylvania area.

The usual sources can only tell where from. I'm looking to find out what's in the engine, and what has been modified.
My thinking is that it was modified for racing and then original pieces put back on for sale.

Photos attached for this needle in a haystack quest.

Attached Thumbnails Crazy History Question-008-1.jpg   Crazy History Question-009-1.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Not sure that information is available to the public, certainly not for free.... CarFax, or similar might give that info, but, I wouldn't hold my breath. The state certainly knows, but, whether they will tell you or not, is another question entirely.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buddy of mine had the Indy Ram, transmission blew, so he got a Hemi. But that was Georgia, so you're probably safe

Edit: It was not the transmission, the rear end blew.....

Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know in Texas one can find this infornmation......not easily, but available if you can suffer through the process ith DMV....I would think any state would have same info available. Just gotta find out what the process is.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

where i live you have to buy a "new car package" when you buy a used car and it tells you who owned it before you and if there is any leans against the vehicle. there is the names of the previous owners in this package including the dealerships. that info told me my 81 was legally own by the same guy since 83 or so

Quick Reply: Crazy History Question