2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Offroad axles going in!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
1998ram5.9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroad axles going in!

So i found a rear axle out of an offroad edition in annville P.A, 5 hours away from me but well worth the drive!!! Now i have both front and rear 4.10 axles. I paid 250 for the front, which is an absolute steal with new brakes and offroad coils, and 500 for the rear. Both axles have around 100,000 on them. I sanded both of them down and painted them with black duplicolor bed armor paint with green diff covers. I undercoated all suspension parts and put good lucas gear oil in them both. Before reassembly i have some parts to get tho.
-control arm bushings
-leafsprings(local junk yard will sell each side leaf packs for 60 each in good shape with 5 springs instead of the 4 i have on each side)
-Front caridian joint of driveshaft
-bigger shocks for the offroad package coils
-drill and tap set because 1 bolt snapped in the yoke for the u joint on front axle..
-all new rear brakes
-emergency brake
I cant wait to bolt them in and see how everything goes!! Also I noticed the front axle is trussed which is sick and i fount a new way to get swingarm bushings out! Set them on fire and they kinda just melt out haha 5 hours of screwing with just control arms today is not fun

Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sounds good.
post pics.

Quick Reply: Offroad axles going in!