2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

super charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Tani1500
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super charger

I might be getting a super charger soon. ( as soon as my boat sells.) I was just wondering what kind you guys use of have heard of someone useing. I really dont know anything about them as far as if they need any of the computer stuff changed. also does anyone have one and can tell me how much performace you get out of it. I also want to know how it sounds.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:14 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: super charger

A Paxton Novi is about the only supercharger I know of that comes in "kit form" for Rams.

http://superchargersonline.com/produ...=superchargers

Old 09-07-2005, 01:55 AM
Speedfrek
Default RE: super charger

Hey this is my first post. I have been hanging out at the Dodgetalk pages but anyhow.

I have a Vortech on my truck. It was built when I got it (3 weeks ago) so I don't know exactally what is needed but It did come as a kit. I have a reflashed PCM, headers, Crain cams fireball controller and an MSD ignition so that the timing can be retarted a certain % as the boost levels go up to keep spark knock from killing your motor. 1.7 Roller rockers and tons of other things done.

About performance Vortech claims 95 HP at 8 PSI of boost http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...0159truck.html But I can't tell... If I was building a truck I would do a turbo instead to keep from having to spin a blower. I think they would be the same cost. and the turbo could do so much more if you ever want to.

Even with 4:56 gears and lockers and ladder bars I am very disippointed in the truck. I sold my 99 Ford Lightning to get this truck because I wanted a 4X4 and thought this would run with my L but there is no way Even with 9,000 in hopups(i have his old recipts) this truck would be doing good to see the Lightnings taillights at the end of the 1/4 mile.

About sound at idle you can hear a whistle and after that there is a slight whirl as you just touch the throtle and then everythgin dissapears and it is a truck. With a turbo there is no hiding it. It is like a roots blower when they spool up you will know it. My father in law races grand nationals and that is 1 fast 6 cylinder with just a turbo.

Quick Reply: super charger