2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2000 ram wont shift (sometimes)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 AM
kevinbrunsting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by It's Me Patt
Wow didn't realize that much was missing..was thinking like a chip off the side or something..that explains no fluid..wow..I'm running a 98' 1500 5.9 4x4 with a 231D and there's no sensor like in the pic. So yours should be (stock) 231D, 231HD unless for some odd reason you have a diesel<---doubt it Anyways you rig doesn't have an output speed sensor in the t-case (stock) your output speed sensor will be screwed into the outside of the trans..and other sensor location would be on the rear axle..the one in the trans might just need to be cleaned off or a new one is like $10..this should help with your jacked up t-case
http://www.4wd.com/hardparts/HP_PartList.aspx?hpDID=105
so can i run either the 231d or the 231 hd its hard because i have no idea what treansfer case is in it but obviously its the wrong one i just want the right one to put back in and no its not a deisel it a 360 ext cab sport

Old 11-11-2012, 10:52 AM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I have the stock 231D in there..the HD is heavy duty and will work as well..I just pulled my t-case a few days ago to replace a seal, so any questions let me know..I did it alone and without a jack so no concerns there..do have a few tips and tricks for ya if you need

Quick Reply: 2000 ram wont shift (sometimes)