2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just a honest question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
CountryBoy92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a honest question.

I have a 96 Dodge 1500 5.2. I replaced the IAC valve because the check engine light was on. Now i replace it and it's saying the plug that goes into the IAC is faulted. So my question is how do i go about fixing this the fastest and cheapest way? Hopefully this post is easier to read then my old ones. Thanks and god bless

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

Is the truck running poorly? did you clear the code and see if it came back? did you unplug the negative battery cable before removing the iac valve? try cleaning the connector terminals if possible...

Go to a parts store and order the iac valve connector. Or order it online through rockauto, it's like $15 or something like that. Then swap connectors/wiring. Clear the code and hope it don't come back. REMOVE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE FIRST!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:06 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryBoy92
I have a 96 Dodge 1500 5.2. I replaced the IAC valve because the check engine light was on. Now i replace it and it's saying the plug that goes into the IAC is faulted. So my question is how do i go about fixing this the fastest and cheapest way? Hopefully this post is easier to read then my old ones. Thanks and god bless

Replace the plug.....

Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd like to know what exactly was saying the plug is faulty. And please CB, if you are going to post in the tech section, can we have better thread titles please.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:22 PM
CountryBoy92

Sorry about the thread title. And will i have to follow the wiring to the computer? Or does it connect else where? And no the truck is not running poorly because i unplugged the wire that goes to the iac. My scanner kept saying the wire was bad so i got it to idle at 1000 and unplugged it. Just want the truck to pass e check so i need to fix the plug. Any diagrams saying where the plug leads? Thanks for all the replies. I noticed when i use proper grammar i get more replies.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry about the thread title. And will i have to follow the wiring to the computer? Or does it connect else where? And no the truck is not running poorly because i unplugged the wire that goes to the iac. My scanner kept saying the wire was bad so i got it to idle at 1000 and unplugged it. Just want the truck to pass e check so i need to fix the plug. Any diagrams saying where the plug leads? Thanks for all the replies. I noticed when i use proper grammar i get more replies.

What is the code that is telling you the plug is bad? That's an amazing scanner you have if it tells you that.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM
CountryBoy92

Its my work scanner and it says short circuit or something like that. I can't remember what it said.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Well we need to know so we can help you fix it. Read it again and let us know the code.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Quote of the year!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Quote of the Year! DF needs a QDB!

Quick Reply: Just a honest question.