2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need recomendation on OBD to Laptop tech

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need recomendation on OBD to Laptop tech

I have a relatively high end scan tool, but it is not telling me everything I need to know, primarily O2 sensor info and sensor trends. I was cruising around online, and found a plethora of OBDII to USB adapters and a few programs. Does anyone know much about them? I am the area shade tree mechanic and would need this for nearly everything (Ford, Chevy, Jeep, Toyota). Thanks for the help!!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:38 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have a smart phone, and if so, what kind?

if it's an android, torque is a free app that will monitor pretty much all the important stuff.. you'll need an ELM327 OBDII to Bluetooth converter to make it happen (amazon, $20)... the only place the thing is disappointing with is air to fuel ratio, BUT, it does give lambda- which is dang near as good..

I've owned MANY devices that do this.. you can't program with anything south of $1k, but you can monitor with a bunch of them.. of all I've used/owned/played with, the torque app is the easiest and less annoying to use..

Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 PM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No smart phone, just a laptop. I wanna get one that reads everything.

Quick Reply: Need recomendation on OBD to Laptop tech