2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Will These Rub?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
Danny Gaston only had a factory 2" lift on his ram and put 35s on though. I figured if I put my leveling kit on and my bigger blocks, I might be able to?

http://www.djgaston.com/offroad/offroad2.htm
Originally Posted by FireDodge
Plus his is the Off-Road edition Ram, so it sits approx. 2 inches higher than normal ones. So he has like a 4 inch lift if it weren't an Off-Road.

FireDodge was talking about DJ Gaston (link in the post by ChillyPhil)

Originally Posted by CSDavies26
No its not, look at the tailgate. Although you are correct about the off roads sitting about 2 inches higher. If he had the offroad edition plus the 2" leveling kit, then he could clear the 35s no problem, assuming the backspacing on the rims is sufficient

You can put 35s on a stock ORE, BUT you gotta have backspacing of 4.5" minimum. They will clear BUT you gotta grind the body pinch seam on the inner fenderwell. The tire will contact at roughly 50% to lock with slight uptravel. Danny just didn't admit that on his site. You'll see later he bumps the front up with 2" pucks to clear the 35s completely, but it's still very close. I can verify all this with my own ORE.

How to determine OFFSET and BACKSPACING

http://dodgeram.org/tech/specs/wheel/specs.htm

Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Great post man, thanks

Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
somewhere in this saga i expected to see him raise the roof of the shop.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess if he don't sell them today, I'm going saturday morning to try them out on my truck and see how they will do. Might have to get a 3" body lift someday.