2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4x4 Front Axle Vacuum Line Broke

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 PM
baileysoffroad
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

above was a little late but may help future viewers

Old 12-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Josh Shaw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by woodtrucker
you should put in a posilok and do away with that vac line to the CAD all together. Some folks don't like it but I love it. It doesn't work off vacuum from manifold (I've got a vac leak that I have yet to find causing wild vents but that's another story) It's a pull cable that engages the fork in the CAD and eliminates your chance of popping that hose and loosing 4 wheel drive. Only thing I don't like is you have to rolling at a good clip (>5mph usually) to engage it. Check it out. http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/app_dodge.html
best thing about the posi is that you can drop into 2 wheel low and creep without being in 4 wheel drive. It's great for backing a camper/trailer and such.

The vacuum line going up in front of fire wall should not be open, it should be going to intake manifold. I was just looking at that tonight. On passenger side of intake manifold you have three ports about halfway back. One goes over to pcv on valve cover (passenger side), one is connected to Throttle body and evap canister and the third port will come out of intake and tee off and send one vac line to cruise control and the other will go to another tee and feed the climate control and the 4x4 axle. This link should explain that engine compartment end. Dhvaughan may have you squared away on the Tcase end of things. The van line going to CAD should use intake vacuum to engage/disengage explaining why you can't engage. hope that helps!
hi Iv had the same problems with,my vents switching to defrost when I hit my gas on my truck I took vacuum line the goes to transfer. On passenger side of engine off and took the 3 way off put a 2 way t on it bypassing the vac. Line for transfer case all together. Now have,no problems with my vents at all now

Old 12-07-2017, 07:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Shaw
hi Iv had the same problems with,my vents switching to defrost when I hit my gas on my truck I took vacuum line the goes to transfer. On passenger side of engine off and took the 3 way off put a 2 way t on it bypassing the vac. Line for transfer case all together. Now have,no problems with my vents at all now
Yeah, but, your four wheel drive won't work.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:57 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Good time to buy the posi lok. I didn't even get the one with the cable. Mine stays locked all the time.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Front Axle Vacuum Line Broke