2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lol spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:38 PM
ramrookie92
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb lol spark plugs

i know you guys are thinking sparks plugs again thats next to the wich wax to use section hahah. lemme just ask for some opions
tryed ngk vpower on my 5.2 and seemed to lose a little low end and didnt run amazing.
tryed AL 3923 and it seemed to have even less low end
tryed ?Al 5224 double plats and it seemed to start fast and strong and i havent used them since tho so at home i got a pack of autolite double plat 3924 plugs short nose standard heat range(pinging was never a problem with me)
and a set of the factory chapions rc12y something lol
what should i try i dont want to waste money so im going to return one set any opnions would help (also just repalced my non leaking plenum gasket with rtv and a doorman oe soultions gasket for preventive measures) and double plat 5224s could be an option as well sorry to bother you guys with this s**t but i fig i would go ahead and ask.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Some folks don't have much luck with the rare-earth style of plugs. Others swear by them.... it's a crap shoot, albeit, and expensive one. My truck runs just fine with Bosch (yeah, I know....) Super Copper plugs.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running 3923 coppers. Got a little better low end off these compared to a nearly new set of factory Champs.

I like 'em, only thing is they foul up the combustion chamber with my in town driving. Oh well, when I get ping I just seafoam it.Boom! taken care of. My truck had AP5224's in it when I got it, ran kinda bad and they were mostly fouled out.

Every truck is different it seems, find something your truck likes and go with it.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Champion spark copper.

I've had success with ngk v-groove too

Quick Reply: lol spark plugs