2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no hvac vacuum

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:45 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no hvac vacuum

Ok here's the deal none of my vacuum lines@the actuator for the blend doors are pulling vacuum.I just spent allday trying to hunt down a vacuum leak&can't find nada..any suggestions?I have heat@defrost & floor but I like things to work how they should

Old 12-20-2012, 09:15 PM
woodtrucker
Professional

I happen to be fighting a vacuum leak as well. If you don't have van to the actuators, it's likely in the engine compartment. Did you verify that vacuum is getting to the elbow right before that line goes into the firewall? If not, it should be connected to the intake manifold on passenger side. Should have a hose coming off the intake that goes to a y connector where one line goes to cruise control module and the other goes to a T. At the T it would branch off to the CAD and to the elbow mentioned above and then into the firewall to the actuators. If your cruise control vacuum line is leaking then that will probably be your problem. There is a TSB on adding a check valve right before the climate control line enters the firewall. You should probably install that to prevent other leaks affecting the climate control or fix the vac line going to cruise. Wouldn't hurt to do both. If you've isolated it to the cab, you could check under dash right above the accelerator pedal and make sure that connector is seeing vacuum from the engine. Should be the black vac line coming from firewall going into that connector that has vacuum. That's as far as I've gotten with it and no fix yet! good luck. it's a pain to fix vacuum leaks!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:41 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Thanks I've long suspected a bad hvac control assembly ...I checked&I have vacuum coming in so I'm guessing its the controls .

Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 PM
woodtrucker
Professional

I am right there with you! bad hvac controls. what are you thinking you will do to fix it? I think I read on here that you gotta drop the dash to get to it...is it true? I don't know if I'm gonna even fool with it since this isn't my daily driver!
You don't happen to have a schematic of the vent control vacuums lines do you? I've been looking for that to try and troubleshoot...it's nice to know that others have worked to this end of the vacuum lines. most folks get it resolve in the engine compartment. not us!

Old 12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

There's a ball in the selector **** if it fails you might hear a hissing. my dash is cracked right above it. so easy access. but you don't have to remove the dash just the bezel

Quick Reply: no hvac vacuum