2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 Dodge Ram headlight problem.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:04 PM
TDPalmer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Dodge Ram headlight problem.

I've been having this problem recently with my 99 Sport Dodge Ram's bright lights being on when the fog lights are switched on.

I purchased HIDs for the truck about a year ago and have been running them this long with no problems. The HIDs were just plug in play for both the low beam and fog lights. I never installed HIDs for the high beam lights.

Recently I've been having a problem where as soon as I turn the fog lights on the bright lights kick on. It developed slowly where the bights would come on and all I would have to do is turn the switch off, turn my truck off and then when I turned it back on it would be fine. But now no matter what I do as soon as the switch is pulled the brights come on. My fog lights were factory so they use the factory switch.

I'm thinking it could just be a relay problem but I was wondering if there was something else that could also cause it.

Thanks.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
go-part
Former Vendor

No you sound like you've figured out what the problem is. You haven't done any custom wiring to anything involving the lights.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:14 PM
blindsided
Professional

Start swapping relays and see what happens :-/

Old 12-24-2012, 02:26 PM
TDPalmer

I've heard that the switch on the inside can melt the wires together and could also cause that. I have not had time to swap relays or take out the switch to find the problem.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Tommy Francetic

yea iit can i just fix the ground and replaced the wire cluster 20$ fix yesterday the people have said that it very common on a stock truck and if you put hid,s its like a guarantee. they made the wires to small my trucks head lights were turning on and off all on there own lol

Quick Reply: 99 Dodge Ram headlight problem.