2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 1500 360 4x4 auto to NV4500

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:22 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

sounds like that could be my problem I have 3 if not all 4 symptoms, it really has that chug sound but i kinda blame that on the lack of exhaust

Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgetruck2
I haven't been able to find any in junk yards around here, I have been searching craigslist and no rigs being parted out have a manual, how do you make the 3 pedal ones work? I saw a couple on ebay but they wanted close to 300 a piece both were from an 02 2500, I'd be interested in one if you had one, would prefer the 2 piece just so i don't have to mess with swapping the throttle but anything is better then nothing, I also need the boots inside the cab
I was under the impression you needed the whole pedal assembly. Now you have me confused. What do you need? I mentioned 3 pedals as a way to refer to the pedal assembly for a manual transmission.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker

I am too I guess? Whoever needed parts off the donor rig stole only the brake and clutch pedal the gas pedal is still there, that led me to believe that the brake and clutch were one assembly and the gas was off on its own, since there were some other changes in 98 I assumed that dodge did another one of their genius ideas and change the pedal set-up for some reason, but maybe they are all the same for the 2nd gen?

I might have found one from a dodge guy locally so don't go rushing to the salvage yard, though it is christmas wednesday would prolly be the soonest you got there

I did the magnet test and i still have stock plenum plate. I will try to track down some aluminum and tackle making my own, I picked up a gasket set so I might pull the whole intake and do everything no matter what, that way I know things are sealed up good, im still debating pullin the motor and doing everything but we'll see where we come out here first

Old 12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker

I pulled my throttle body and looked down in and its covered with oil

Old 12-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just send me a pm and I will hit the yard soon as I have the time to see if they have it.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:32 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker

pulled the intake tonight and found her blown out in 2 places, dropped enough dirt in the engine though thinkin i might pull it now just to make sure its nice and cleaned out, idk could a guy drop the pan and steam pressure wash it out in the truck or would ya not get it clean enough?

it also would appear I only managed to twist of 3 intake bolts in the head, any great ideas to remove them? one has about an inch above the threads in the head the rest are twisted off even with it

Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker

found a guy on ebay selling these plenum plates, laser cut from 1/4" aluminum, includes grade 8 flange bolts too for 50 bucks shipped, bought the fel-pro gasket kit from oreilly for 20 bucks so total ill have 70 into this repair

and ill let you know on the pedals, he wasnt 100% sure but he thought he did, he is gona check it out in the next couple days and let me know, you'll get a pm if i need you to find me some

Old 12-24-2012, 08:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgetruck2
pulled the intake tonight and found her blown out in 2 places, dropped enough dirt in the engine though thinkin i might pull it now just to make sure its nice and cleaned out, idk could a guy drop the pan and steam pressure wash it out in the truck or would ya not get it clean enough?

it also would appear I only managed to twist of 3 intake bolts in the head, any great ideas to remove them? one has about an inch above the threads in the head the rest are twisted off even with it
Drown them with chemicals. Grab them with vice-grips. Tap on them with a hammer while trying to turn them in either direction. Once the break loose, just take 'em out.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Drown them with chemicals. Grab them with vice-grips. Tap on them with a hammer while trying to turn them in either direction. Once the break loose, just take 'em out.
that'll work good for the one, but the other two have nothing to grab ahold of, maybe its fate telling me I should pull the heads off

Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using the engine off the parts truck or the project truck?

Quick Reply: 97 1500 360 4x4 auto to NV4500