2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need door latch part#

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Jackstand123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need door latch part#

Hello , I have a 97 dodge ram my driver side door power lock quit working so today I went to junk yard and wasted my money because the one from there is broke as well. I've been looking on line and it would be a big help if someone could give me a part number so I can search for it . Also what years will work if you know? Is this a common problem? Thanks Ron

Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Jackstand123
Rookie
Wink

Just called a dealership in Hawaii lol. (they were still openI gave them my vin # and they gave me a # of 55076291ab and told me I would also have to update the stricker #4780259ad . Weird because I'm getting mixed info as I search online telling me this part number is for all the was up to 08. I wonder if that is why I need the new stricker.. If you have input please let me know before I order . Thanks Ron

Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't know if this could be your problem or not, but one of the power door lock switches on the wifey's explorer quit working awhile back. it would lock them all, but not unlock. i assumed it was the switch and bought one from an ebay junkyard for about $15. remove the door panel and swapped it out and guess what... no change. did some electrical testing and found no power on the unlock wire. did some more testing and found a broken wire in the door hinge harness.

this sounds familar based on your description that your junkyard switch was broken. odds of that are low. check for power....

Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Jackstand123
Rookie

Thanks for the response .. I'll check the door hindgein the am... Thanks for your help Ron

Quick Reply: Need door latch part#