2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sloppy Steering Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LOLz!! Great post there HeyYou! I like that simplification from my more detailed version. If people want to check out meaty substance, then they can check it out here.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 320 Likes on 302 Posts

I use this one - they have models that work with the Borgeson steering box and the factory box, too. It works well on my '96 Ram 2500 4x4 - no complaints at all. Great customer service from these folks, too.

http://www.custom-diesel.com/dodge-p...abilizers.html

Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
I use this one - they have models that work with the Borgeson steering box and the factory box, too. It works well on my '96 Ram 2500 4x4 - no complaints at all. Great customer service from these folks, too.

http://www.custom-diesel.com/dodge-p...abilizers.html

Based on my reading above, I think these that tie the two frame rails together are fine for street use but bad for anything but where you WANT the frame to twist and flex but because of the brace it causes undue wear and tear to the box which is the exact same thing the brace is designed to save.

It makes sense now that I see how it was meant to work. I'm surprised the factory engineers didn't plan something like that...a brace / skid plate that mounts to the frame that strengthens the steering and protects it...all while allowing the frame to twist when off road.

Quick Reply: Sloppy Steering Fix?