2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lost need help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 PM
jderrington21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost need help please

I have a 95 dodge ram with a 318 in it and have an issue that I can not figure out what the cause is. Upon start up it runs and Idles fine. When I put the truck in reverse it starts spitting and sputtering. If I put it in drive it runs fine through all the gears. I know from past experiances that if it was a tranny issue it would do it in second gear as well. it does not have a trouble code in the computer. It also seems to do it more if its cold as in the truck has set for several hours. I have tried starting the truck and letting idle and come up to normal operating temp with still no luck. I am honestly lost on what could be causing this issue. can anyone give me any ideas as to what is causing this or even point me at where to start. The truck has over 125,000 miles on it

Old 02-16-2013, 04:20 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check/replace the crank sensor. my buddys 99 sport had this same issue. ended up being the crank sensor. replaced it and all is fine now.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:56 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great thread title.....WIll help others with same problem later......

Quick Reply: lost need help please