2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

looking to add 2" lift on 2000 ram 1500 quad cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:37 PM
eddie920
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to add 2" lift on 2000 ram 1500 quad cab

So I recently purchased a 2000 Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4. It looks to have a leveling kit on it... I have a 85blazer with 4"lift .... it looks to be 2" shorter than my blazer... if I add 2" to it will I have to modify anything ? Any advice would be helpful

Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

Welcome to dodgeforum. There is a search function on here, and you should be able to find what you're looking for since "lift" threads are covered often.

I don't think you can judge lift height of your ram by comparing it to a completely different vehicle... Does your truck sit level? How tall are the blocks under the rear leaf pack? Are there coil spacers between the front coils and the mounts?

Generally, going over 3" of lift on these trucks will change the geometry too much and control arms will be too short. You'll have to get longer control arms, track bar, shocks, sway bar, etc.

Oh, and this is posted in the wrong section.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:58 PM
eddie920

Originally Posted by Matt Nickerson
Welcome to dodgeforum. There is a search function on here, and you should be able to find what you're looking for since "lift" threads are covered often.

I don't think you can judge lift height of your ram by comparing it to a completely different vehicle... Does your truck sit level? How tall are the blocks under the rear leaf pack? Are there coil spacers between the front coils and the mounts?

Generally, going over 3" of lift on these trucks will change the geometry too much and control arms will be too short. You'll have to get longer control arms, track bar, shocks, sway bar, etc.

Oh, and this is posted in the wrong section.
Lol... as you can see I'm new to all this tech stuff but thank you for your response.... btw can you direct me to the right area I thought I was posting in forum... lol

Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

You are in the FAQs/DIY section. You want to post here: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-64/ and click on the black box that says "Forum Tools", then "Post A New Thread"

You don't have to repost this thread in the right section, an admin/mod will move it for you.

Quick Reply: looking to add 2" lift on 2000 ram 1500 quad cab