2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Motor swap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
woods4life
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure what happened. Still new to photobucket, I checked my account and I must have messed something up during upload. Who knows lol I will def be putting up some pics. Getting it on friday or saturday, prepping to pull it all week, doing the swap next weekend then trying my best to get it all right putting it back together. Not putting a time line on having it running though hahaha def not counting my chickens before they hatch on this one!!!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by woods4life
I am not sure what happened. Still new to photobucket, I checked my account and I must have messed something up during upload. Who knows lol I will def be putting up some pics. Getting it on friday or saturday, prepping to pull it all week, doing the swap next weekend then trying my best to get it all right putting it back together. Not putting a time line on having it running though hahaha def not counting my chickens before they hatch on this one!!!

Getting used to photobucket can be a little challenging. When the upgraded I was having connectivity isses, so went back to original version.

When loaded, click in the "IMG" and the text box beside it shoud rhange to "copied" for a moment. Then go to post, and right click to paste that link into body of post.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 AM
woods4life
Veteran

I have another question I thought about. I am going to pick up this motor and tranny on friday. I did the hughes plenum fix a few months ago on my 5.2. Should I leave that on my motor and buy a new kit for this 5.9, seeing as my motor is still perfectly fine, and sell it that way? Or should I take it out and put it on the new motor? I kinda would rather just get a new one and put it on the 5.9, but I would like your guys opinion on it.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy the eBay plate and a felpro gasket set.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 AM
woods4life
Veteran

I was going to buy that one when I got the hughes, but I cant lie, I was kind of rushed and very irritated trying to figure out pay pal and said heck with it and just ordered the hughes. Bad on my part I know, oh well lol. You think I should leave my motor as is, since its fine then?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're going to sell your motor, or try to, I'd leave it be.

The Hughes Kit is ok but you'll want to pickup some FelPro Gaskets, I did the Hughes Kit, and the gaskets it comes with are so thin it's a wonder why they even send gaskets...

Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 AM
woods4life
Veteran

Update, got my motor ready to pull other than the motor mounts. I have to take my damn brush guard off too, ughhhh. Had some stuff come up and had to put off getting the till today. Finally got it. My luck, the transfer case is wrong. Atleast where the front drive shaft connects it is wrong, so I am assuming it is wrong all together, not for sure though. Motor is just what I am looking for, will have to use my wiring harness.

Last edited by woods4life; 03-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 PM
woods4life
Veteran

Update, got my motor ready to pull other than the motor mounts. I have to take my damn brush guard off too, ughhhh. Had some stuff come up and had to put off getting the till today. Finally got it. My luck, the transfer case is wrong. Atleast where the front drive shaft connects it is wrong, so I am assuming it is wrong all together, not for sure though. Motor is just what I am looking for, will have to use my wiring harness.

Quick Reply: Motor swap?