2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

oil light situation

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Scooter78
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89eltigre
dhvaughn and read ram have narrowed it best .. tho ALL ARE MISSING THAT THIS started 2 years ago ~~~~~~~~~~ and went away when i switched to synthetic oil and a lower temp thermostat .. and came back when i just change to a higher thermostat ,,,,, and YES BOTH A GAUGE AND AN OIL LIGHT ~~~~~~~~~~~AND THE GAUGE DOED NOT MOVE ~~~~~~~ONLY THE LIGHT FLICKERS ~~~~~~AND GOES OUT IF PLACED IN NEUTRAL , PARK , OR SLIGHTEST PRESSURE ON GAS PEDAL ????????????
Alright.... You have been told at least half a dozen times by at least as many different people, that you need a mechanical gauge in there to tell you whats really going on, and that your sender is probably junk. Now you are getting impatient with us. Take it easy. At NO point did you mention that this has been going on for two years. Sorry, I must have failed my mind reading class. Read what has been posted repeatedly and move on. Either take the advice or dont, but dont expect a different solution from the same group of guys that you just told that they cant read. Especially something that was never written.

Quick Reply: oil light situation