2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need to get rid of a plenum plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 PM
duneslider
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to get rid of a plenum plate

Hey guys I ended up selling my truck with the 5.9 and I found a box with a hughes plenum plate, gasket set, tty bolts, and the required grade 8's for the plate while cleaning the garage. I bought this a couple years ago but never decided if my stock plate was really leaking. Let me know if you are looking for one and maybe we can work something out.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:47 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duneslider
Hey guys I ended up selling my truck with the 5.9 and I found a box with a hughes plenum plate, gasket set, tty bolts, and the required grade 8's for the plate while cleaning the garage. I bought this a couple years ago but never decided if my stock plate was really leaking. Let me know if you are looking for one and maybe we can work something out.

Should post in the classified section. But don't advertise as TTY bolts (because they aren't).

And I believe a photos is required in classified.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 AM
duneslider
Amateur

Thanks, I will check out the classified section.

So they call them TTY bolts but they really aren't? These came from the dealer and they say TTY in the computer? News to me. The FSM even calls them TTY bolts on the manifold.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duneslider
Thanks, I will check out the classified section.

So they call them TTY bolts but they really aren't? These came from the dealer and they say TTY in the computer? News to me. The FSM even calls them TTY bolts on the manifold.

I would love to see the listing showing TTY. My dealer had no such indication, and my years of engineering experience tells me they are not TTY. The Factory Servie Manual that can be downloaded here does not have such indication, nor does parts manual. It appears to be a common misconception for some reason. TTY cannot be threaded the entire length.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:22 AM
duneslider
Amateur

Sweet, learn something new everyday. Wouldn't be the first time the parts guys at the dealer told me something wrong.

Quick Reply: Need to get rid of a plenum plate