2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cold, Shaking acceleration??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RaissiKitten
Wait a minute.. I tested it cold. Would that make a difference?
I dont believe so...fuel pressure is fuel pressure... the injectors should see a certian range to operate correctly.... but what do I know I'm running smaller than stock Generation 3 injectors that spray more than stock at the pressure the trucks pushing and actuall see better mileage ....when it runs...

Old 03-22-2013, 06:07 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He should be seeing 49 psi.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by dlyter09
ok than its mine that should be at 40psi...I know the 96-97 had different pressure than the 98-01..

Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 PM
RaissiKitten
Professional

Wow. Sounds like me. I bought my truck a year and a half ago from the husband's friend. I haven't gotten 2000 miles on it yet. Had it sitting for 6 months with transmission solenoid issues and burnt up bands and drum. Everytime I get it running, something else goes bad. LOL! Its running 49psi, for sure. That's a relief I guess.. I'm a little worried about the fact that its not raising with throttle though.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Wow. Sounds like me. I bought my truck a year and a half ago from the husband's friend. I haven't gotten 2000 miles on it yet. Had it sitting for 6 months with transmission solenoid issues and burnt up bands and drum. Everytime I get it running, something else goes bad. LOL! Its running 49psi, for sure. That's a relief I guess.. I'm a little worried about the fact that its not raising with throttle though.
I've had the same solenoid issues...lol day after I bought it the truck stopped shifting... one issue after another ..7,000 miles in almost 5 years now and cost me about $4,000 to get there...

Old 03-22-2013, 06:40 PM
RaissiKitten
Professional

Costs run up fast when you get anywhere near the transmission! =/ I think I spent 400 for all the solenoids, plus fluid, filters.. Which one ended up being the wrong one. So, more fluid, another filter, and the right one.. Months later it went in and cost me almost 700 for the drum and bands.. I hope I don't have to see that side of the truck again. In that short year and a half though, its cost me a new power steering pump, fan clutch and fan, tps, wheel bearings, u joints, track bar, (Death wobble threw my tire into the front of an 2012 equinox....) Water pump, and ball joints. That's just what I remember.. =/ Some day it will be all brand new. LOL.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:29 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not sure.. If I look it up, I get 40psi, 50psi, and 44-54psi.. LOL! It also says bad regulators wont hold pressure in the lines, and when I shut the truck off, the gauge held at 49 until I relieved it. I have no idea here. =/

Fuel pressure is good.

Originally Posted by dlyter09

She....

It is an electrically operated pump in the tank. Unlike an engine driven mechanical pump, it will not increase with speed of the engine. It does not know or care how fast engine is turning.

Last edited by gdstock; 03-23-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:08 AM
RaissiKitten
Professional

Thank you for clearing that one off my list! I'll try to get in there and test the water temp and check this plenum tomorrow. Maybe I can rule them out. Thanks again guys!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:57 PM
RaissiKitten
Professional

Problem Solved. Went up to ask the mechanic his opinions, He said Vacuum leak, so I came home and was preparing to test that, when my husband got in there and wiggled some wires.. One of the Spark plug wires he wiggled caused it to rev. After he got the **** shocked out of him, we found the wire had burnt and grounded out. I have wires on hand. Test drove it, and it runs great! Oh, the water temp is 174 when hot. Apparently has nothing to do with this issue, but yeah. Plenum is also fine. Thanks!!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:10 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got that problem fixed. Shame about the shock thing! Hope he's OK. (I usually bang my head on hood!)

Quick Reply: Cold, Shaking acceleration??