2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

electrical problems i think??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM
tuffmudder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problems i think??

so my truck dies randomly when i hit a big bump everything shuts off so i put it in park and it starts right back up every time. I'm gessing is a loose wire or ground somewhere but i have no clue where. i'v pulled and shook on every wire and wiring harness i can see wile it runs but it does nothin.

does anyone think it can be something other than a electrical problem?
and does anyone know where i can get a free wiring diagram for a 98 dodge? if anyone has any suggestions or advice i would appricate it

Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Download the "free" service manual from the FAQ/DIY section. Also, remove the steering column covers and check the wires running along the side of it.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 AM
newman1367
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tuffmudder
so my truck dies randomly when i hit a big bump everything shuts off so i put it in park and it starts right back up every time.

Help me understand exactly what happens. You're driving along in the middle of nowhere at 2 a.m. You hit a big bump and truck dies. Did the headlights flicker, stay on the whole time or no headlights until the truck is running again?

Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the connection in the junction / fuse / relay box where the positive cable from the battery connects to the truck. That cable can become broken and brittle or loose, and can cause all sorts of issues.

Next check the connections on the alternator.

Quick Reply: electrical problems i think??