2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel leaking around the fuelpump mpounting area of tank.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:55 PM
NIkjohnston
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel leaking around the fuelpump mpounting area of tank.

Hello
I currently drive a 1996 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 318 motor. Just recently noticed that i have smelled gas and it has leaked on the warmest of the day for the current year. we are talking a good steady drip. I am Planning on dropping the tank to start from there any thoughts on what to look for???

Old 04-06-2013, 10:23 PM
guzman
Professional
Default Leak

If your dropping the gas tank I would replace the fuel pump if it has alot of age/miles on it. The leak could be the metal line, rubber line going to the pump or the fuel pump gasket. Also check the large fill tube hose and the breather/vent hose for holes/cracks in them. Denso or Delphi are the better choices of pumps per Dodge forum.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 PM
blindsided
Professional

Crazy, I had the exact same problem today... warmest day of the year. I see it's wet around the fuel pump. Did you determine what the issue is?

Regards

Dan

Quick Reply: Fuel leaking around the fuelpump mpounting area of tank.