2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

whats the best body lift i can get for the money? Performance Accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 02:52 PM
zlowe712
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do i need gap gaurds? Will My truck look dumb without them? Im asuming Id buy the non Sport bl since mines a laramie? And now that ive got the body lift figured out My biggest problem now is finding 2" blocks for the rear that dont look cheaply built. Any sugestións?

Old 05-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

Install the body lift and decide after if you want gap guards. I wouldn't get them but thats my opinion. Sport trucks are ones with color matched bumpers, laramie is a trim style. If you have chrome bumpers get the non sport. You don't stack blocks in the rear. If you need to raise the rear get add-a-leafs or new springs.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 PM
zlowe712
Amateur

Alright im set on the bl now. But for the blocks I was gonna Take the stock Block out and replace it with the new bigger Block.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zlowe712
Alright im set on the bl now. But for the blocks I was gonna Take the stock Block out and replace it with the new bigger Block.
That's what i was planning to do too. I have the 2.5" HBS spacers in front and my back sits about 1" lower than my front. I don't mind it but i rather it sit closer to level. I was thinking 4-5" block so that'll lift the rear 1-2".

I was also considering the add-a-leaf kit they sell on ebay to get that inch or so back and help it from sagging when I'm hauling stuff.

I might just do that 3" body lift down the road, but my 33s would look too small then for the lift.

What parts would i have to replace when getting the 3" body lift since i already have the 2.5" spacers up front and plan on getting another 1" or so in the back before i do the actual body lift?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Brian_
Captain

Do i need gap gaurds? Will My truck look dumb without them?
you wont need gap guards, since our trucks the have the nice plasic rear inner wheel well.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:31 PM
zlowe712
Amateur

If you put 4-5 inch blocks in the rear with a add a lef kit, your truck would look like a drag car lol. I think im gonna get a 2" Block and I think that will make it sit et level. My b imgest problem is finding a Block that doesnt look cheaply made. I thought about getting zone offroads Block but they dont sell it seperately. Brian_ im getting 35x12.50 17 on nitto mud grapplers with moto metal mo955 rims Soon as My bl is installed. Any info on the rims Ill need so that they dont rub?? The moto metals are 17x9 with 4.53 Backspacing on 5x5.5 rims which are Dodge rims right? Any info would be great!

Old 05-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
What parts would i have to replace when getting the 3" body lift since i already have the 2.5" spacers up front and plan on getting another 1" or so in the back before i do the actual body lift?
Nothing, a body lift...lifts the body not suspension.

I think im gonna get a 2" Block and I think that will make it sit et level.
I don't think you understand. Your truck ALREADY has a 3 inch block from factory. DO NOT STACK ANOTHER 2" BLOCK ON TOP. You need a 5" block and longer ubolts. Or a safer option, 2" add a leafs.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:03 PM
zlowe712
Amateur

matt nickerson: now i understand. i thought the block was like 1" but i never looked at it. but now im more interested in the add a leaf, can you send me a link to a good brand that makes them? and how hard is it to install? the leveling kit took me like 1.5 hrs hopefully this and the bl only takes like 5 hrs lol

Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Start to finish 1.5-2 hrs to do the add a leaf kit, body lift I would guess will be close to 8 hrs to install it if it goes smooth take note there is welding that needs to be done.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

@Matt -- People stack blocks all the time. Not a problem if they aren't in the habit of some decent wheeling or just plain romping they crud out of it on the street. Axle wrap isn't that baaaaad. Some ppl weld the blocks together, which would be a better option. No matter what a brand new set of ubolts are to be installed.

As for the time it takes to install... fun times!!

Quick Reply: whats the best body lift i can get for the money? Performance Accessories?