2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dodge ram 5.9 hesitation after start

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 01:33 PM
droppedbluram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge ram 5.9 hesitation after start

hey guys, got a question for you. I have a 02 ram 1500 with the 5.9. It needed a fuel pump due to the exteneded cranking. before i replaced the fuel pump after the vehicle sits for over 3 hours or overnight when you go to take off about 2 min into your drive the vehicle will hesitate and backfire. started looking at it, replaced plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. also found broken vacuum line off throttle body. replaced that, removed throttle body, cleaned carbon from throttle bore and iac passages. now when i drive it, the truck doesn't backfire as violently as before but it will not let you accel for about 30 seconds. after that is done acting up, truck runs good for the rest of the trip. tried to use a scan tool to monitor cam sync, but i don't have a drb to see the data.
anybody else run across this issue that may be know whats going on??
thanks guys

Old 05-04-2013, 08:18 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenum? Cat?

Quick Reply: dodge ram 5.9 hesitation after start