2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission slip

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Silconcer
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Transmission slip

Hello everyone new to post but have been coming here for information on and off. But anyways I have searched to see if anyone else had this problem.

My problem happened a few days ago it felt like the trans clutches would slip in drive but had not problems manually putting the trans into 2nd and then shifting to drive, 3rd and overdrive don't act up at all. Today I got the P1757 code and I found out that it has to deal with the governor pressure sensor and solenoid and that it should be replaced the superior Borg Warner 50185 and then replace the transducer at the same time while its apart

But would this cause the trans to slip only with 1st and 2nd when in drive?

Old 05-10-2013, 04:11 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Download the 01 service manual from the FAQ/DIY section and adjust the bands while you have the pan off to replace the sensors. Also remove negative battery cable first, add a drain plug to the pan, only use atf+4 trans fluid, and check the fluid level while in neutral (park brake set of course for safety).

Old 04-27-2014, 08:38 AM
slayden25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slippage???

Hello, new to this and truly not sure if I am doing this right. I have a question for anyone that owns or knows anything about a 2008 Ram 1500 with a 5.7L Hemi. The problem I am having is the transmission seems to be slipping but it only happens when the vehicle goes into overdrive. Once at a steady speed it down shifts for a quick moment and then back almost like having it in cruise control and going up a small incline. Has anyone else had this issue? Thank you in advance

Old 04-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Slayden,
You're posting in the wrong area. This area is for 2nd generation trucks only. You need to go to the 3rd generation section and post your questions there. They will be able to answer your questions better.

Quick Reply: Transmission slip