2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front End Clunk?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:54 AM
xcentrik05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
+1

Also, have that partner there when you got reproduce the clunk. Find out where it's coming from first rather than guess on the parts.

Did you check your lug nuts? and every other nut you messed with doing the maintenance work.

I've check the lug nuts, axle nut, hub bolts, caliper bolts and slider bolts; they're all tight.

I've checked the control arm bushings, sway bar end links, track bar bushings and boot. The boot on the track bar is shot; gonna replace with Moog. All else are fine.

Checked pitman arm, inner/outer tie rods. All Fine

I've got a friend coming over tomorrow. we're gonna hit a parking lot and see what he hears.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:15 AM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you figure out anything new? Besides hearing a clunk can you feel it as well? Floor or Steering wheel?
Try this, while driving 20mph push the steering wheel up and away from you firmly, then slam the brakes to make the truck nose dive. Is the clunk sound and feel more noticeable? If so I'd look at the column for the problem.

Quick Reply: Front End Clunk?