2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power door locks 2001 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Bud_Wiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power door locks 2001 Ram

Hope someone has had this issue in the past. I have a 2001 Ram that I bought as a project truck and it has a power door lock issue. This is the club cab so, no rear door locks involved. The door lock switch on both doors will power the actuators on both doors to the up(unlock) position without a problem. Neither door switch will power any of the locks to the down (unlock) position. Is there a bad door switch in the circuit? Hate to just throw parts at it without having a better idea since there are no inexpensive actuators available. Thanks for any help!

Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Grab the 01 manual from the service manual thread in the FAQ section. Go to the wiring diagrams for your door locks. Make sure you are getting power in the correct places on the drivers side switch first. Take it from there.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Bud_Wiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks for pointing me to the service manual HeyYou. It was a huge help. I was able to diagnose it back to the right side door switch. The local O'Reilly's had a replacement for $22 and that resolved the issue. I was able to successfully lock myself out of the truck with the only key left in the ignition...

Quick Reply: Power door locks 2001 Ram