2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with OEM fog light wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
hd-nomad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with OEM fog light wiring

Ok heres the deal,I read on the net a few versions on how to wire these up. The one I followed was from this forum,it seemed reliable but now I have problems. 1st off,could maybe a mechanic,OP,or somebody who has installed OEM fogs before check this thread and verify that the info is correct? My truck is exactly the same as the OP of the thread,no factory fogs,but has the fuse and relays (2),and under rad wiring.

So far I did everything by the book except the fog switch ground (black & orange wires),which instead of the radio ground,I ground the two wires direct to the neg on the battery. The lights are not conected yet,just the dash and under hood relay wiring has been done. When I checked the dash switches,the OD lights do nothing at all,and the fog switch does light the night light but when (with key on) depressed,it lights amber while pushed in and held,but when not depressed,the amber goes out.

The fog and brackets came from the junk yard and both work when connected straight to the batt. Everything is pretty much stock on my truck including the org AM/FM CD player. Thanks for any help cause I am lost at this point.

Here's the org thread: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...og-lights.html

Old 07-03-2013, 03:05 PM
hd-nomad

I'll check back in on here once in a while on this thread,but will be outside trying to figure it out and double check the relay box stuff. I got to use my truck for work in the morning and might have to try and reverse it back the way it was before I screw it up worse. Thanks for any help

Old 07-03-2013, 03:39 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Sounds like a bad switch.....

Old 07-03-2013, 07:29 PM
hd-nomad

Hey "Hey You" ,thanks man,you got it dead on the nose. The fog switch was bad,and I switched my old OD switch over too (I know it works),I'll have to get another fog switch at the junk yard Friday. Just scary for me getting in the tight a*s PD box.

Quick Reply: Help with OEM fog light wiring