2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID kit with dark headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the projectors with 6k hid kits installed. They look good but have a lot of cons for some reason..

Well first off protuninglab's (where I bought them) customer service SUCKS. He NEVER picks up the phone and rarely emails you back.

When it's rainy out, my passenger side gets condensation in now, but goes away when the sun comes back out.

And with the HIDS, they sent me an extra harness to reduce the flickering or whatever. It don't work. It won't even hook up correctly so I'm sure splicing has to be done..

I can't listen to my radio with my low beams on because they draw so much power due to being HIDs. It distorts the signal. Also switching from high beams to my low beams, it cuts off my phone from playing if I have the usb or aux playing and I have to unplug and plug it back in.

Maybe I'm the only one having problems but that's my experience.

NOTHING IS PLUG AND PLAY. Even if it says it is, 98% of the time it isn't.

I'm going oracles next..

I know when I do my fogs, I'm just buying the regular smoked housing and putting them white bulbs in them.

Last edited by ChillyPhil; 10-11-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply: HID kit with dark headlights?