2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check engine help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 06:07 AM
rthompson
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine help

Ok so I turned the key and got two codes, first was

22-
ECT sensor voltage too high or too lowEngine Coolant temperature sensor input out of normal range. Check engine temperature sensor.
I pulled it off and it was dirty, cleaned it well and left the battery off all night to reset the computer and it's still throwing the code so I am assuming I just need to replace the air intake sensor.

Second is

33-
AC clutch relay circuitShort or open in the AC clutch circuit.
I have no clue what this is or how to approach it, but I would like my check engine light off.

Any input or help would be great, maybe even possible prices if you know them.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

22 - i think replace engine coolant temp (ECT) sensor, on front of intake. some of the older years have 2 sensors, one for the computer and one for the gauge. i don't think you need to change intake air temp (IAT) sensor in the top of the intake.

33 - in the power distribution center (PDC) box next to the battery, there are a number of relays. all are the same. should be a label in the underside of the lid. move something like the horn relay to the AC and see if it helps.

just for info - you can reset the computer (and clear all codes) quickly by disconnecting neg battery cable and turning on the headlights for 30 seconds. this drains the computer memory of all power.

Quick Reply: Check engine help