2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9 Fuel Economy Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 02:59 PM
dapepper9
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Green 360
I have to thank B&G Performance for tuning my PCM; they obviously did a great job.
I wouldn't be claiming that yet. Notoriously not the greatest and suffer from the same over-fueling, over-timing habits of Hemifever and PIE. If you have a wideband I'd monitor it.

Curious what kind of results you'll see with your original goal. I myself made several changes since my last post in this thread. Up until recently i was able to eek out almost 18mpg on the highway at 63mph. I say until recently because i did get 4.56s recently so I'm unsure where I'm at in mileage right now

Old 08-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Big Green 360
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, they're not done tuning it yet. They tuned it for all my modifications but I asked them to retard the ignition timing a few degrees just to be on the safe side for the first time I fired the engine up so I wouldn't have to worry about preignition/detonation/knocking/etc. I have a wideband data logger and the plan was to break in the engine with the initial "safe" tune, then do some data logging while driving it so they can truly fine tune it.

I was just pleased with the initial tune because it ran smooth and even idled smoothly.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:59 PM
Benn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any updates?

Originally Posted by Big Green 360
Well, they're not done tuning it yet. They tuned it for all my modifications but I asked them to retard the ignition timing a few degrees just to be on the safe side for the first time I fired the engine up so I wouldn't have to worry about preignition/detonation/knocking/etc. I have a wideband data logger and the plan was to break in the engine with the initial "safe" tune, then do some data logging while driving it so they can truly fine tune it.

I was just pleased with the initial tune because it ran smooth and even idled smoothly.

Any update?

Quick Reply: 5.9 Fuel Economy Rebuild