2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dana 60 swap in 97 1500

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:59 AM
nacy369
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sj...model/ram-1500

https://www.google.com/search?q=1995...ml%3B150%3B150

http://www.dtprofab.com/DTP02000HD-T...FT-_p_343.html

http://ok4wd.com/rock-equipment-heav...ront-axle.html

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/54270

So here are kits ranging in price from $180 to over $400. Sure that isn't a drop in the hat but then also what is your life or the life of any one else riding in your truck worth? Also even if your life isn't worth a plug nickel what is the life of that family in the mini van next to you if your track bar does fail? And when an investigation is done by the police and they find that track bar your insurance may not pay for damages. You can try to shift attention to other people but it is just BS!!! I'd ride in Merc's truck before I would your's. And you can make a lifted truck safe if you do it correctly. The fact your neighbor ran of a car just shows there is more than one idiot on your block.
That's great good for you, I don't give a ****. The point I was making doesn't matter how u alter your truck it has a potential to fail. I put my truck through the ringer day in and out just beating the **** out of it (if it was gonna fail it would have been when I was doing 60mph plus through a chiseled frozen field yote hunting, YOU DONT LIKE WHAT YOU SEE SHUT YOUR TRAP AND GTFO! I'm tired of hearing it, thank you and have a nice day!

Old 12-16-2013, 08:25 AM
nacy369
Amateur

One more thing before I'm done talking about this. If it did "fail", I'm sure I would notice the tremendous amount of sway before I come to a corner. The only problem I can with it failing would be in a corner but even then u still have your sway bar and trailing arms springs and shocks still holding the axle underneath your truck. But considering the only thing my truck sees is the farm and 1.5 miles of gravel a day I'm not really worried about it. So don't worry its not going down the interstate so I really don't have the risk of wrecking your cousin billy joe your uncle billy Bob, aunt Jemima, great grandpa red, or your sister sally sue.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Wow. All I have to say is I'm glad I don't have to drive near you.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:03 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Wow. All I have to say is I'm glad I don't have to drive near you.
+1

I/we get pop roadside inspections once a month or so, that would not pass, it would be towed and subject to a full inspection before allowed back on the road.

@ TP do you get these as well up there or is it more because we are on the number 1 hwy?

Old 12-16-2013, 04:36 PM
nacy369
Amateur

Yup me too! We don't have inspections in Iowa, not even from the dot. Just had it aligned today at the Ford dealership I used to work at and I told them to check it out just for the satisfaction of you guys and the mechanic told me I did a good job and he doesn't see any reason for it to be a hazard on or off road, which is very surprising because he is very picky about the safety of your vehicle(won't even let customer vehicles go even if they are missing a lug nut, very picky person).You guys can complain all you want but after hearing that I'm pretty satisfied.

My goal wasn't about being cheap, my goal was to do it myself. Sorry for coming off as an A hole but it really pisses me off when people come on to me like that.

Let remind you guys how the whole 4x4 scene got started, People made there own parts to achieve what they desired! People are still doing this today, some guys find it enjoyable doing it themselves not because they want to be cheap because they wanted to make it(for their own satisfaction). That is how all of the name brand guys got to be where they are today, starting with a homemade prototype. Even if you are buying name brand, read the fine print! Not all of it is dot approved.

If what I did concerns you look at all of those sas swapped trucks! those are all home brewed trucks running down the road, designed cut and welded all in there shop from different vehicles and homemade parts. If you think my track bar is scary look at some of those sas front leaf hangers welded onto trucks (imagine if one of those failed :/ ). Everyone is entitled to his or hers opinion and or way of doing things and neither of them are wrong. Some people like to buy built trucks, some like to buy parts then build there trucks, and other like to buy and build there own parts/trucks.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Derick C.
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nacy369
My goal wasn't about being cheap, my goal was to do it myself. Sorry for coming off as an A hole but it really pisses me off when people come on to me like that.
Its cool that you did it your self but if you don't want peoples opinions on your work, don't post pics on a public forum.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:55 PM
nacy369
Amateur

I like criticism, but telling im gonna kill a family in a mini van is bs. If you could see it in person you could tell its not gonna fly apart on the highway.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:04 PM
lbzrango
Rookie

Good job on the swap, looks good. and good for you for making the track bar your self.

the only reason he is doubting yours is because he doesn't have enough skill or confidence to make his own.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by merc225hp

@ TP do you get these as well up there or is it more because we are on the number 1 hwy?
Not yet in Northern Ontario, which is where I am. Southern ontario has them. I've heard it's coming more north every year.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by lbzrango
Good job on the swap, looks good. and good for you for making the track bar your self.

the only reason he is doubting yours is because he doesn't have enough skill or confidence to make his own.
Very mature. No, it's because it's a jimmy-rigged track bar. Nobody is saying he did a bad job, it could be very well made. Personally, I would have spent the money and would feel safer knowing that its not going to break. Sure, a name brand track bar could break but I would put more faith into it. As for merc225hp not having the skill to build one.. He wouldn't. That's the point. Going by his mods, he is more than knowledgable IMO.

Anyways, I'm done with this thread. Good job and good luck.

Quick Reply: dana 60 swap in 97 1500