2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another Vacuum Thread!!! (OH NOOO!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 07:20 PM
goB1Gred ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Another Vacuum Thread!!! (OH NOOO!!)

Ok guys, i have just bought a 96 ram 4x4 reg cab short bed w/ 5.2l and i DID READ SEVERAL THREADS but still havent a single clue on the whole vacuum bit! lol so here is my problems.... I do not have cruise control or vent control on my heater/ ac unit. The cruise control servo is not even mounted to the truck just hanging by the electrical wires connected to it, the vac line has been broken from it so even if i fix that issue where does the vac line connect to? and where does the servo mount at? the heater/ac deal... i dont even know where to begin, well it only blows out defrost and floor even when set to blow out of the face of the dash. i read that it might be the blend doors and that they are controlled by a wire near the transmission tunnel inside the cab but i am not seeing that wire, i see that wire (its a steel braided wire right?) behind the heater/ac control panel on the dash but i cant see where it connects. thats the summary of my problems, oh yeah btw i DO have 4wd! URGENT HELP REQUESTED!! also if anyone has a diagram for the vac lines that would be awesome... and not the catalyst from the radiator mount either (it doesnt tell me squat). THANKS LOADS IN ADVANCE GUYS!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 PM
armynurse
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've got the same truck as me.

Servo mounts under the battery tray. Fix the vacuum leak there and it should fix your heater/defroster issue. There should be a vacuum line heading towards the battery tray that is now hanging loose with an exposed end (it's a hard plastic line, not rubber). If you could at least plug that vacuum line you'll still not have cruise control, but it should get your heater/defroster issue fixed.

Let us know what happens. Also sometimes the one-way check valves in the vacuum lines go bad. They're cheap to replace.

You might just have to find someone with the same truck as yours and get them to pop their hood so you can see how it's supposed to look.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:09 AM
goB1Gred ram

OK cool one thing though, I didn't see any plastic hose hanging from underneath the battery tray! So if I was to re route one where would it go? Do you know?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,267 Likes on 3,014 Posts

Mine runs right along with the throttle cable for the cruise in a kind of plastic sleeve.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:46 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A couple of photos that might help you out. I have the M1 intake but it still the same setup with the kegger intake.

Pass side of the intake.

Name:  vaclineslabled_zpsf8baf0f3.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  196.0 KB

Name:  vaclinecrusie_zpsa5eaa4a7.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  178.0 KB

Old 12-12-2013, 01:18 PM
goB1Gred ram

Ah OK thanks.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 PM
goB1Gred ram

thanks for the help!! ill have to buy some vac hoses and re-connect the speed control servo to the vac system.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:32 PM
goB1Gred ram

one last question lol what size or type of vac hose should i get? lol kinda need that info before i go off buying worthless hoses!

Quick Reply: Another Vacuum Thread!!! (OH NOOO!!)