2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Sound!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 03:26 PM
leebritt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No Sound!

i just installed a new alpine head unit in my 2001 dodge ram 2500 everything is wired right in the wire harness adapter it has the factory infinity sound system in it. The only thing that would produce sound threw the speakers was the am/fm radio . the cd player was playing but no sound and the ipod was playing no sound and the satellite radio was playing but still no sound ? any help would be appreciated thanks

Old 12-11-2013, 03:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

The infinity system is probably your stumbling block. Front speakers have individual amplifiers that also need to be powered. I think there is a specific wire harness for the infinity equipped trucks.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:32 AM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i actually had this EXACT same problem with my alpine unit. The solution is in the wiring...it has to do with the speaker power wire being spliced in wrong...the colors don't match! as you have it now, the speakers are only receiving power when the antenna is on...I'm sorry but I cant remember which wires need to be switched...but it has to do with the power wire and the antenna wire! double check the wiring diagram with the head unit. I ended up just calling alpine's help line and they pointed it out to me real easy...

Old 12-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Power should be wired to either a light blue or pink one, I think. I had this problem also.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:54 PM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Power should be wired to either a light blue or pink one, I think. I had this problem also.
YEAH! that sounds familiar haha

Quick Reply: No Sound!