2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering knucke & wheel bearing almost killed me HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 02:22 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering knucke & wheel bearing almost killed me HELP

Ok I was driving home& could smell the brakes & the truck was pulling .Well when I got home the damn wheel was pointed in@ the top.So I pulled the wheel the caliber&rotor wheel bearing was shot no biggie now what is a problem is the steering knuckle,now it has two ledges that the caliber sits between& the wheel going in bent one&it cut it down really thin.
*********** So it needs replaced the parts stores dont carry it&I called the dealership&there nolonger available&when they were they were 7k.Called all the junkyards nada.Im wondering can I bend the ledge back&cut a piece the same shape&thickness&weld it on there intill I find one?Im worried even if one pops up @ the salvage yard I wont be able to get it off without air tools.I have the tools but the salvage yard dosnt have air for the customers lol.
************** PLEASE ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT THANKS.
Btw theres a burnt sensor idk if its for the brakes or the speed & the last picture is the part that got ate up that Im thinking about welding with a shim of sorts

Attached Thumbnails Steering knucke & wheel bearing almost killed me HELP-20131211_155222-1.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 AM
army_greywolf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF you can't find it I can pull one for you from the local yard throw it in a flat rate box and ship it.

Quick Reply: Steering knucke & wheel bearing almost killed me HELP