2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

door panel question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:23 AM
ebxgsxr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door panel question

searching door panel didn't bring up the answer to my question. basically, i have an issue with the window/lock control on the passenger door. i have a question about the black plastic trim that sits around the switches. can the black trim be removed without removing the door panel?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:58 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Yep. Take out the two screws that hold the door pull in. Remove the door pull. Reach in there, and there is a steel spring clip that hold the back of the switch plate in place. You can press in, and up, on it, the that will release the back of the plate. The front is a plastic clip, careful not to break it. There is enough wiring harness in the door that you can almost take the switches to the passenger door.... (ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but, only a bit. )

Old 12-14-2013, 02:34 PM
ebxgsxr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet. you are the man. i was just starting to yank up on it, lol. then i figured i better check with the experts. thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: door panel question