2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

outside door handle

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 03:11 PM
bdwillie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default outside door handle

Has anyone hot amy words of advice on replacing the driver's door outside handle? I see i can get one from rock auto, and it looks like a pain to change.
2000 ram 2500

Old 12-16-2013, 03:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

It is.

The little clips for the rods that operate stuff are the fun part. Make sure you have the correct tool for the door panel clips too. Don't wanna trash the panel. Then there is the vapor barrier. Its a piece of plastic that is basically super-glued to the door. You can cut it, or peel it out of the way, whichever is easier.

Have a nice bright lite, and your arm with its third elbow, and it takes about two hours.

Good luck.

If you have power locks/windows, it's easier...... there is a special tool to get the manual cranks off for the window as well.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:42 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

pics of door panel.
for the manual window cranks, i used a small hooked wire to give it a little yank.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/audio-v...-speakers.html

Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 PM
bdwillie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Handle changed, third elbow helped! Thanks everyone for the advice. Only problem we encountered was the plastic rod keeper. It seemed to smsll for the rod. Used the old keeper and saved the new one. Wifey happy she doesn't have to crawl across the truck to let me in!

Quick Reply: outside door handle