2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Throttle Position Sensor TPS

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 PM
hinsolar57
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Position Sensor TPS

Hi I'm new to the forum I recently purchased a 1998 Dodge ram Cummins Diesel N6 and have learned alot about this truck it is a salvage truck, it has a 1998 chassis but the rest of the truck is a 1999 Ram 2500, it has a fuel tank of a 1500 Ram. I'm making the best of this truck as I go. The dealer was selling it for 8000.00 but my wife & I got it for 3500.00 put a new computer and transmission relay in it and the truck ran fine, but the we started having other problems arise, I replaced the speed sensor, and then another problem. I don't even know if the external plug to the glow-plugs even work, I'm having a major problem with truck running down the road and the truck slips in & out of OD and the RPM's going back and forth and even drops out to zero, but pops back up to position. I have read in two different manuals to check the TPS for the problem, I was told you can clean the contacts and reprogram the unit. But I don't know what to do or where to start, this truck is now my project truck to restore the broken items on it. I love the truck just need some guidance on what to do. Please help!

Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to DF. Moving to the correct technical section.

Quick Reply: Throttle Position Sensor TPS