2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I lost power to my radio please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 04:05 PM
gymnastjudge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I lost power to my radio please help

I have a '01 Dodge Ram 1500 truck, I installed a JVC Am/Fm Cd player when I bought the truck. Everything has been fine for four years. I decided to put in a Pioneer Cd Am/Fm player. During this process I got no power to the Pioneer so I decided to re-hook up the JVC and I have no power to the JVC. I also, have no interior light, no cargo light, and no under hood light. I check all of the fuses several times and they are all good. All other electronics seem to work. I also have a super chip re-programer/diagnostics check computer and it also will not get any power when I plug it in. Can anyone please help me with this problem? TIA

Old 10-09-2005, 06:36 PM
cableguy
Professional
Default RE: I lost power to my radio please help

Check your 12V switched wire coming out of your ignition switch with a test light. I've been having problems lately with wires breaking right at the multi-function switch connector, and the ign. switch connector. I know you said you checked the fuses, but try changing it out anyway. Hope this helps.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:01 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

IT will be a differnt fuse than a radio fuse, weird i know, check ALL your fuses... use a test light ifyou wanna get a good fast reading... take teh test light and ground the alligator clip,then, touch the endof teh fuse,where you can see the metasl of each prong, touch both sides to make sure they light up, if both sides dont make the light come on, ya found it, can check a big fuse panel realtivly fast and accuratly like that...

Old 10-12-2005, 04:03 AM
Dodgy Style

Hey dude I had that problem many times before and it is a fuse. Go through your fuse panel again and look for a fuse for your interior lights, not your radio fuse.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:56 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

anytime i may think its a fuse... i dont even check it... i replace it... things are so tiny and cheep... ya never know how crappy they can be made... and check the harness's that connect to your fuze block too.. i like matches

Quick Reply: I lost power to my radio please help