2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

spark plug stuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 03:16 AM
bigboihustle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now i have a new problem. after finally getting everything put back together and cleaned up i go to start my truck and it starts to shake, tick, and smoke real bad. so i shut the engine off quickly thinking i may have crossed the wires. i check all the plug wires and they are fine. then i remembered i did use alot of pb blaster to try and get the seized spark plug out. so i start it up again and it smokes and shakes at a high idle for about 5mins before coming down to a normal idle with no smoke.

then i hear a ticking sound, which i believe may be the tensioner pulley, it doesnt sound like it's coming from the engine. but the motor seems to be idling fine. so i go for a test drive and as soon as i give it gas it starts to jerk and shake and lurch forward. i drove it around the block and it still had full power but shakes and jerks while accelerating.

any ideas on what could be wrong?

Quick Reply: spark plug stuck